Example: stock market


guidelines for jamaican passport application read carefully before completing the passport application form 1.0 documents photocopied …


  Application, Jamaicans, For jamaican




Link to this page:

Please notify us if you found a problem with this document:

Other abuse


GUIDELINES FOR JAMAICAN PASSPORT APPLICATION READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE PASSPORT APPLICATION FORM DOCUMENTS PHOTOCOPIED OR LAMINATED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Eligibility for a Jamaican Passport is based on proof of Jamaican Citizenship. ALL applicants are therefore required to submit one of the following documents as applicable: *Certified copy of Birth Certificate *Certificate of Registration *Certificate of Naturalization *Certified copy of Adoption Certificate *Letter of Certification of Citizenship Persons claiming Jamaican Citizenship by Descent MUST have their claim established BEFORE submitting the application for a passport. The documents required are: *Applicant s Birth Certificate *Proof of Parent s Jamaican Citizenship *Two certified passport photographs The Citizenship Unit is located at the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA), 25 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10. Passport issuance is also based on credible identification. First-time applicants, in particular, are also required to provide one of the following photographic forms of identification: *National Voter s Identification *Driver s Licence *Previous Passport Other identification (subject to approval by the Passport Officers, work ID) Any name change must be substantiated by documentary evidence. All married or divorced women are required to submit a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate(s) or Divorce Judgement(s), where the married name is being used. A Deed Poll is required for all other name changes. PHOTOGRAPHS NO EMBOSSED SEAL SHOULD BE AFFIXED TO PHOTOGRAPHS Applicants are required to submit two (2) identical copies of a professionally-produced ( AVOID Drugstore Photos!) photograph taken not more than six (6) months prior to the application, with the following specifications: The photographs should be taken in colour with a matte/dull finish, against a plain background. Applicants of light complexion should avoid wearing white clothing and should have the photographs taken against a pastel-shaded background. Applicants of dark complexion should wear light-coloured clothing and photographs should be taken against a white background. Applicants whose hair is grey should have photographs taken against a light blue background. There should be no reflection from eyeglasses or background shadows. Excess light reflection on image is unacceptable. Light distribution should be even throughout photograph. Photographs should provide a full frontal view of the head, neck and top of the shoulders with ears, as much as possible, clearly visible. Photographs should display appropriately clad images; exposed shoulders and chest are to be avoided. The applicant should wear no head covering while taking the photograph. However, applicants who must wear headgear for religious reasons must indicate their religion at Section H. The size of the face should be 25mm to 35mm, from the chin to top of head. When the photograph is cut to a size of about 35mm, there should be a margin of 3mm to 4mm between the head and the edge of the photograph. Photographs submitted with an application become the property of the Government of Jamaica. CERTIFICATION OF APPLICATION (See Section G) Each applicant is required to present an application form and photograph that are certified. This can be done by one of the following officials who is a citizen of Jamaica, who is not a member of the family of the applicant AND, has been personally acquainted with the applicant for a period of not less than 12 months: *Member of Parliament *High Court Jude *Resident Magistrate *Justice of the Peace *Public Officer (SEG 1 and above) *Consular Officer *Attorney-at-Law *Commissioner of Oaths Notary Public *Parish Councillor *Bank Manager *Credit Union Manager *Clerk of Courts *Marriage Officer *Army Officer (Major & above) *Dental Surgeon *Medical Practitioner *Police Officer (Gazetted Ranks) *Passport Officer *Veterinarian *Principal (Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Educational Institutions) The official who certifies the application is also required to certify the reverse side of one photograph of the applicant, with the following inscription above his/her signature: I certify that this is a true photograph (insert applicant s name and note date of certification)........ ........................................ ................ For overseas applicants the following persons, who need not be citizens of Jamaica, may certify the application: *Justice of the Peace *Notary Public *Attorney-at-Law *Medical Doctor *Minister of Religition authorized to perform marriages. Overseas applicants may contact the nearest Jamaican Embassy, High Commission or Consulate for other categories of persons who may certify applications and photographs. NO FEE SHOULD BE PAID FOR CERTIFYING APPLICATION ( Applicable in Jamaica ONLY) CONSENT FOR MINORS (See Section C) The mother, father or legal guardian must complete the application for a child less than 18 years. Persons under 18 years of age, who are unmarried, require the written consent of the mother and/or the father or legal guardian, except where such person is a member of the Security Forces. In the event that neither parent nor legal guardian is available, contact should be made with the Customer Service Unit at the Kingston Office or the nearest consular representatives in the overseas missions. REQUIREMENTS TO APPEAR IN PERSON -All first time applicants are required to be present at time of application. -Minors under three years are exempt. -Renewals do not require such presence. However, in some instances an authorized officer may require the appearance of the applicant. LOST PASSPORTS A POLICE REPORT MUST BE SUBMITTED WHERE PASSPORT IS LOST, STOLEN OR DESTROYED. IN THE EVENT THAT A LOST PASSPORT SUBSEQUENTLY COMES INTO THE POSSESSION OF THE HOLDER, IT MUST BE RETURNED TO THE PASSPORT OFFICE OR THE NEAREST JAMAICAN EMBASSY, HIGH COMMISSION OR CONSULATE OVERSEAS FOR NECESSARY ACTION.

Related search queries